A free festival for the public (with free parking) that has every taste level including great food trucks, an art walk, music by local and world renowned musicians, live dancing, and vendors attracting thousands community members. AAF-IE is the annual sponsor for the Beirgartens featuring local brews. Half of the money raised will go to the Arts Department at CSUSB and the other half will go to your AAF-IE chapter.
– Wednesday, May 15th 4-9pm
– California State University, San Bernardino- 5500 University Pkwy, San Bernardino, CA 92407.
– Free Festival, parking, and beirgarten entry (for those over the age of 21 only).
– Locally brewed beers are $5 each.
– There will be two beirgartens: One located at near the music stage and RAFFMA and the second next to the Jazz Festival music stage.
Mix, Mingle & Connect | Wed, May 13
Join us at Proabition in Downtown Riverside for some prohibition-era cocktails, catching up with colleagues and a membership drive.
What you can expect:
– 2 drink tickets with registration (domestic bottle beer and house wine)
– 50/50 Raffle
– Reduced AAF-IE membership rate when purchased at event
– More surprises
– Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 6-8:30 PM
– Proabition Kitchen & Whiskey Lounge, 3597 Main St, Riverside, CA 92501
– Tickets are $25 for AAF-IE Members & $30 for AAF-IE Non-members
April Event – Long Term Niche Development – A Case Study on Focus
Join us Thursday, April 9, 2015, at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Downtown Riverside for “A Case Study on Focus – Long Term Niche Development” with speaker Ron Burgess, of RedFusion Media.
Companies that create wealth for the owners almost always control a market niche. As leaders in a market they command respect that other businesses want to follow. This program will focus on a mid- west company that has accomplished this and more through careful, sustained study of its customers and effective communication with its top lifestyle groups.
High quality and market leadership create superior margins, while communicating with niche markets maximizes media dollars. Attendees will see a real life success story based on proven principles of growth. These principles aim to better target and communicate with customers using both internal and external customer feedback.
– Thursday, April 9, 2015, 11:30-1 PM
– The Old Spaghetti Factory 3191 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92507
– Tickets: Members $25/Non-members $30
* Spaghetti w/ Mizhithra Cheese & Browned Butter
* Spinach & Cheese Ravioli
* Lasagna with ground beef, pork & cheese
* All dishes served with side salad w/ balsamic vinegar and spumoni ice cream
Presenting the winners of the 2015 American Advertising Awards – Inland Empire! Click here.
Coming Soon: IE Media Awards
AF-IE announces the first Inland Empire Media Awards. This award honors the Inland Empire’s finest advertising professionals for their service to the industry and community.
Nominations will open for students in: April 15, 2015.
Nominations will open for professionals in: June 15, 2015.
Click here for more Information, including Rules and Categories. Please note: Rules and Categories subject to change until competition opens to nominations.
(If you are interested in seeing sponsorship opportunities for this event please contact Su Pak at firstname.lastname@example.org at 909-257-8862)
2016 Academic Achievement Awards are now accepting applications.
The 2016 Academic Achievement Award scholarship will be accepting applications as of March 16th, 2015.
If you are going to be a student in the upcoming 2016/2017 academic year you may be eligible to apply for the AAF-IE Academic Achievement Award scholarship.
Thank you to Riverside Public Utilities, 2014 ADDY Best of Show winner, for providing the design for our Gala creative.
This year’s ADDY Gala has some new features. The most important feature is the two separate awards shows for Students and Professionals. Our Inland Empire students create amazing work that should be separately recognized, so we’ve decided to create a whole new show for them, and, of course, the Professionals are more than welcome to check out the show.
Here’s the new schedule:
- 5 PM – Student Reception
- 6 PM – Student Award Show (includes refreshments and hors d’ oeuvres)
- 7 PM – Professional Reception (Pros are encouraged to join the Student reception & award show)
- 8 PM – Professional Award Show & Dinner
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Su Pak at email@example.com at 909-257-8862. Sponsorship package details: AAF_Sponsorship_2015 ADDY GALA.
February Event – Drop Off Party: American Advertising Awards Competition Entries
- WHERE: Westwood College 20 W. 7th Street Upland
- WHEN: Thursday, February 19, 4:30-7 PM
- No reservations required. Come on down and drop off your entry and skip the late fee.
- Sign up for AAF membership at the Drop Off Party and receive $10 off membership.
- For more info about the American Advertising Awards Competition, check out the details here.
January Event – Game Plan For Nonprofits: A Collaborative Marketing Workshop
- 10am-11am Examining the Playing Field – A panel discussion about our diverse community audiences, trends in the current marketplace, best practices, challenges, and Q&A.
- 11am-12pm Design A Winning Strategy – Constructing an objective marketing plan and working with creative agencies.
- 1pm-2pm Equipping Yourself For Success – Cost-effective marketing tools, tips and solutions for increasing productivity.
- 2pm-4pm Creating An All-Star Team – How to work with interns, your organization leadership and each other.
$20.00 Earlybird rate before January 21
$25.00 Rate after January 21
$25.00 Earlybird rate before January 21
$30.00 Rate after January 21
When: Tuesday, January 27, 9:30 – 4:00PM
Where: First 5 San Bernardino 735 East Carnegie Drive #150 San Bernardino, CA 92408
DEADLINE EXTENDED- Feb. 16th, 2015
2015 Larry Huffman Academic Achievement Award – $1,500
The AAF-Inland Empire promotes and encourages academically talented students of advertising related disciplines to apply for the Academic Achievement Award, assisting them in their academic endeavors. Reflective of the competitive world of business, the Academic Achievement Award will be granted on a competitive basis rather than by recommendation.
- Applicants must be attending an Inland Empire university, college, career college, technical college or trade school at the time the application is submitted.
- Students must be majoring or minoring in a field related to Advertising such as: Advertising, Marketing, Commercial/Graphic Arts, Photography, Communication, Public Relations, Printing, Radio/Television/Film, etc.
- Undergraduate applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.5 in their field of study.
- Applicants must obtain at least one letter of recommendation (no more than three) from faculty in their field of study.
- Applicants must include an essay describing how advertising can contribute to society in a positive way and their reason for wanting to enter the advertising industry. This information may include life experiences, educational and personal goals, significant accomplishments, and unique personal assets. The essay may also include financial need for the award. Please limit essays to 250-500 words. The essay should be typewritten and double-spaced with one inch margins.
- Applicants may also include one piece of creative work. This can be in the form of a print, television or radio advertisement (scripts/storyboard or a fully produced work), interactive media component such as a website, online banner, email/e-card, micro or mini site, online game, online newsletter, podcast, internet commercial or webisode, graphic design piece such as a logo, or illustration; photography, or sound design project.
- Complete the AAF-Inland Empire Application Form. No other forms will be accepted.
- Obtain a NON-OFFICIAL copy of school transcripts and attach to the application.
- Complete the essays and obtain letter(s) of recommendation
- Submit the one piece of creative work
- Email all materials to the AAF – Inland Empire Academic Achievement Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection will be made on a scoring system of the above listed criteria, how well directions were followed, written communication, and the overall presentation of the material. A personal interview may be required. The Selection Committee reserves the right to decide if an interview is necessary to decide the recipient of the award.
The deadline to submit paperwork for the AAF-Inland Empire Academic Achievement Award is February 16, 2015, by MIDNIGHT. Applications received after that date will not be reviewed.
Notification & Presentation
Recipient will be notified. Award will be presented at the Annual AAF Inland Empire ADDY Awards Gala on March 13, 2015. Please direct any questions about the AAF-Inland Empire Academic Achievement Award to: email@example.com.
December Event – Mingle Bells 2014
Join us for our third annual Mingle Bells Event.
It’s the Inland Empire’s largest networking event for communications, public relations, marketing, and advertising professionals for the year! Join the American Advertising Federation of the Inland Empire (AAF-IE), Public Relations Society of America – Inland Empire (PRSA-IE), the California Association of Public Information Officers (CAPIO), and the American Marketers Association of the Inland Empire (AMA-IE) as we celebrate with like-minded communication professionals a year well done, meet the new leadership of each association, and hear what’s coming up in 2015.
Members and non members are encouraged to attend. We expect over 100 people again this year so don’t forget your business cards.
We hope all attendees reconnect with old friends, network with potential partners, and perhaps meet students looking for internship opportunities. Last year was a tremendous success and we can’t wait to see you there.
Ticket includes light appetizers and a drink ticket. A cash bar will be available. Parking is difficult and expensive due to the Festival of Lights at The Mission Inn. This is part of why we’re starting early and have a short program. We recommend parking around the Mission Inn or at close-by lots. You’ll have to pay for one hour (public parking free after 6 p.m.). Otherwise, valet and structure parking is expensive. So join us early! Here’s a Downtown Riverside map with public parking lots labeled.
$35.00 Member Meeting Ticket
$30.00 Earlybird rate before December 15
$40.00 Non-Member meeting ticket
$35.00 Earlybird rate before December 15
$30.00 Student Meeting Ticket
$25.00 Earlybird rate before December 15
When: Wednesday, December 17, 4-8 PM
Where: Riverside Mission Inn 3649 Mission Inn Ave. Riverside, CA 92501
November Program – Go for ADDY Gold!
Thinking about entering the American Advertising Awards Competition? Don’t miss this unique event!
Mark Landon, AAF-IE Past-President and current representative for AAF District 15 of the National American Advertising Awards Committee, for ONE NIGHT ONLY will tell us all about category updates, submission updates, GREAT tips and tricks geared to help you enter successfully to get you on your way to ADDY Gold.
Register now to learn tips and tricks to submit your entries and be noticed. We will also discuss how we can help you organize, enter and submit your entries. Anyone from your company involved in your American Advertising Awards submissions should attend this event. Our team will be on hand to answer your questions and provide any support you may need.
This is now a FREE event, generously hosted by Westwood College
When: Thursday, November 13, 5:30-7:30 PM
– 5:30-5:45 PM – Networking
– 5:45 PM – Presentation begins
Where: This event will be held at Westwood College, 20 W 7th St. Upland, CA 91786
– Parking is free
– Registration table will be in the main lobby and student escorts will guide you to Classrooms 110 & 112
– Appetizers and drinks (non-alcoholic) will be provided
Register today and you will be entered in to our opportunity drawing. Prizes can be redeemed at the event.
Creative Direction – October Program
– Chris Wheeler, President & Creative Director of Ignite Design & Advertising
– Bruce Mayo, Creative Director (formerly of Honest Mechanics, Lawrence, Mayo & Ponder) consulting with Plain Joe Studios
– Mike Bacich, Assistant General Manager – Customer Relations & Marketing, Riverside Public Utilities
- 5-5:45 p.m. – Appetizers & Networking
- 5:45 p.m. – Discussion Panel Stars
Meet The Board Mixer
Hispanic Media Roundtable
Join us July 16th for the first joint sessions between AAF-IE, PRSA-IE, AMA-IE and CAPIO. Coming together to connect Inland Empire marketing, advertising and communication professionals with the biggest Spanish language media companies in the nation. Early bird registration pricing available for a limited time!
Professional Contractor Services
The American Advertising Federation –Inland Empire 501(c)6 is currently seeking proposals
from qualified individuals who can handle a wide range of professional and bookkeeping duties
on a freelance basis as needed by the American Advertising Federation –Inland Empire.
The selected person will have experience in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and
QuickBooks. This person, when selected, will report directly to the executive board of the
American Advertising Federation –Inland Empire.